Thursday, November 1, 2012

Friend of the Devil, Ch. 6

I was back at work at a different job.

It was in a small room in a trailer.  There were only two outside windows: one in the front and the other in the rear of the trailer.   The trailer also had a basement.

I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do.   I was with two other older women who seemed to be waiting for something.  They were sitting on a couch looking out the front window of the trailer.   It was dark outside and nothing was visible. 

I went to the kitchen to get something to drink.  When I returned the women were still seated but outside was glowing with light.   In the distance, I could see a mushroom cloud from the explosion of an atom bomb.

I was not concerned.   It was part of my job to watch the blast.   On second glance the blast looked even nearer than it first appeared.   I could see the streaming purple tendrils from the underside of the cloud reach the ground and spark.

I went downstairs.   Satan was sleeping with a pregnant women on the bed.   I knew she was awake.   I could see by the stain on the bed that her water had broke.   Her face grimaced in pain. 

I wanted to get her to a hospital but she refused.   In a whispered hush she told me that she did not want to move because she did not want to wake up Satan.  She told me to leave. 

In the rear window of the basement, I saw another mushroom cloud in the distance.   This one was dark red.

Back upstairs, the horizon from the front window lit up with atomic bomb flashes like electric flowers.   I went the window at the back of the trailer and there were dozens of bomb flashes.  I knew we were the only people who survived the blasts.  It was peaceful and quiet.











No comments:

Post a Comment