Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Arranged Marriages in Mumbai

In my dream, my friend B from Mumbai was going to leave his marriage to J because his parents had arranged him to be in another marriage to MS. He did not have a choice in the matter, but my impression was that he was not resisting. 

In this realm of existence, B and J were married without the approval of their parents.  B's family could have obtained a substantial dowry had he married somebody besides J because of the status of B's family.  There were probably problems with the marriage early one, likely some resistance from B's family, but as I am not family, this is speculation.  B's mother recently turned 90.  J has been like a daughter to her all these years.  So all is well that ends well.  On the other hand, in this realm, MS did not come from a wealthy family, and her relationship with B had nothing to do with marriage.  In fact, it was what was known as "extra-marital."

So we return to the dream.  I was talking with J.  She could no longer stay in Mumbai.  It was too expensive.  There were different proposals that were investigated, some where my ideas  She could for example, move to America and marry me in order to obtain citizenship.   But she could not continue to work in B's company.  I don't remember why.  That was another issue.

Then there were several gay guys.  They were involved in some sort of political or military intrigue.  I was in a large modern skyscraper.  I think J was there as well.  The gay guys had some sort of superpowers.  There was violence.  I'm not sure how it all turned out.

I was also back in Mumbai with B.  This is the very murky part.  This is likely a much older dream I had.  Again, these are the deepest dreams, the dream we remember within a dream.  We were in an old part of Mumbai.  This was almost the Mumbai before history.  Large animals around.  Mythic creatures.  Still later on I was at B's house which was not really his house.  And there was some sort of business going on.  Like I said, there is something almost magical about dreams within dreams.:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment