Saturday, February 20, 2016

One Step Beyond: A Nameless Podcast

Once again, I am the Sidekick, and this is the podcast that we have started that does not have a name and is Nameless.   I don't know why we have started this.  But I have pressed the record button.  If you would be listening to this podcast instead of reading it, you would notice that I am speaking to you in a mock Western Drawl like I am from Wyoming.  I actually am from Wyoming, but I am only speaking like this to impress the Nameless one.

Nameless:  I am indeed impressed at your superficial and half-hearted attempts to mimic many languages, Sidekick.  If only more people in the world, writ large, made similar half hearted attempts to master things, the world undoubtedly would be significantly enhanced.

Sidekick:  You may have your wish, Nameless.  I hear that the Pope is actually making a half hearted attempt to bring a small modicum if reason into the Papacy where previously no such modicum existed.  I even heard today on the news that said Pope, in addition to criticizing the Turnip (aka the Trump), actually suggested that it was acceptable for women in countries concerned about the Zika virus to use contraception.  Would you not agree, Nameless, that this presents a major shift for the church which in the past has turned a blind eye to problems related to sex running the gamut from child abuse to AIDS?

Nameless:  It is somewhat ironic that the bar for the Papacy is set so low these days that even where the Pope makes a superficial and half-hearted attempt to seem reasonable, he is universally applauded.

Sidekick:  Indeed, he may soon win the Noble prize in numerous categories--the world is so starved for reasonableness in its religious figures.

Nameless:  And I am so starved for lunch, Sidekick, what have you brought me as an offering?

Sidekick:  I bring you food from our sponsor, "Curry in a Hurry."  With a Kingfisher lager--our other sponsor. 

Nameless:  Most thrilling chilled.

Sidekick:  I have heard that there are many other things that are thrilling in the world, including those that occur in Secret Area 28, if you can circumvent the road blocks.

Nameless:  I like the way you think Sidekick, when the world goes to hell in a bucket, will you meet me in Area 28 with your sidearm so that we can prepare our defense and rebuild the world from the ashes of the Turnip?

Sidekick:  What's the over-under on the Turnip getting elected and the world going to hell in a bucket?

Nameless:  About the same chance of you staying out past ten on two nights in a row.

Sidekick:  Oh, its much less.  Hell, I may go out every night this week past ten because Imperial Stout seems to be ubiquitous at local establishments.  The Turnip, on the other hand, would have to persuade those beyond his base (white male over 50--and in a persistent vegetative state) which isn't going to happen when there is a general election.

Nameless:  Please excuse me.  I have to collect evidence from all the mischievous activities that have been partaken in my immediate vicinity.

Sidekick:  Generalized Mischievous activities (GMA's?)

Nameless:  Mischievous activities that are madness.

Sidekick:  Madness means taking "One step beyond."

Nameless:  They are going multiple steps beyond.  They are not the social norm.  They are outcasts.

Sidekick:  We know all about outcasts in Mumbai.  We do not want to be outcasts, we want to be Brahmin.

Nameless:  We want to be accepted, but we also want to be crazy and madness.

Sidekick:  One step beyond!

Nameless:  Perhaps we should start our own English Ska group?

Sidekick:  Yes, the nameless Ska Group.

Nameless:  Just nameless, though we will play the Ska.

Sidekick:  Will we dance to the Ska?

Nameless:  Everyone will dance to the Ska.

Sidekick:  Do you regret partaking in madness activities?

Nameless:  No, I need madness activities in my life.  Madness activities make me very happy.  There is a sect of madness people.

Sidekick:  Donde esta la sect de la madness?

Nameless:  It is everywhere where the people who live in fear are able to overcome their fear and break the monopoly that fear has over them.

Sidekick:  Do they have monopoly hotels in Park Place where there is no fear?

Nameless:  Yes, they live in Park Place, they live in the jail, and they live in Baltic Avenue.  They live everywhere.

Sidekick:  I have always admired your community chest.

Nameless:  And if you round go, you will collect $200 from my community chest.  But you may have to go to jail to collect.  But my Grandfather clock is in the jail, so you will find the jail most comfortable.  Together with the figity legs, you will think that you have found a home.

Sidekick:  Does the Grandfather clock sneak up on people in the middle of the night and say, Luke, Luke, I am your Grandfather?

Nameless:  You are madness Sidekick.  You belong in the group of madness.

Sidekick:  Can you tell me where I can apply to this group of madness that you have founded?

Nameless:  It is www.nameless.madness\one step beyond.  You will find a direct link to the world of madness.  And many pictures of the figity legs.

Sidekick:  I feel like home already.  If only there were curry here.

Nameless:  Did your mother make tasty curry Sidekick?

Sidekick: No, she only made babies that were intelligent and funny.

Nameless:  Then join us madness, take the one step beyond.  We can cater the curry from "Curry in a Hurry" our delicious sponsor.

Sidekick:  I can't wait to join your ashram at Area 28!













No comments:

Post a Comment