Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Dreams of Memories Dreamed

Dad, what is this old video?
I dust off the old jacket of the VHS video found at the bottom of one of my storage boxes.  It was buried underneath a box of legal pads and old music cds.

I look for the old VHS player. Where did I put that? It must be in one of these other storage boxes. Found it. I'm glad this old TV still works.   Lets take a look at the video.  

The video presents a grainy image of a tent in a field of grass.  The tent opens and Madison and Mackenzie step out into the sunshine.  They are toddlers and laughing and playing in the grass. Madison is trying unsuccessfully to catch a butterfly with the amusing lack of coordination of a two year old. Mackenzie is trying unsuccessfully to get Madison's attention to play badminton.   Cindy steps out of the tent in a bathing suit.  She has a wide rimmed hat on to keep the sun out of her face. We are all at a music festival.  It was a magical day.

I wake up crying.

Then the video returns.  The image is of Uncle Martin smiling with a group of farmers in a row. They are talking at a coffee shop.

Then it is night and I step in the farmhouse in a group of people.  There is something horrible outside. The people in the house are cowering.

I step back outside and wait for the evil to approach.  It is a horrible demon.  But I can't see it.  It is immense.  It is too big but I put my hands around in and force it to the ground.  I shouldn't be able to do this. Its too big.

The last image on the video is from the Strings of Manterena.  I may have that name wrong but it is close:

I love my snuggle queen, she is my snuggle queen, I love her more than anything, snuglar snuglar snuggle bean................



No comments:

Post a Comment