Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Deep Harmony: A Nameless Podcast

Once again, I am the Sidekick, and this is the podcast that we have started that does not have a name and is Nameless.   I don't know why we have started this.  But I have pressed the record button.  If you would be listening to this podcast instead of reading it, you would notice that I am speaking to you in a mock accent like I am from Mumbai.  But I am not from Mumbai.

Nameless:  Indeed, I am Nameless and this is my podcast so it is appropriately named, or not named as the case may be.   It is good to see you again Sidekick.  What's new?

Sidekick:  Twenty years after the novel Infinite Jest was written, my tenth anniversary of attempting to read it and failing is coming up next month.  I intend not to make that 10 year milestone. Perhaps if you kick me in the buttocks I will actually finish it this time.

Nameless:  I would gladly plant my foot in your ass.  But today is your special day Sidekick. Because it is the fifth Saturday of the Vernal Equinox in the age of Aquarius, I will grant that you may call me, the Nameless one, by any name you so choose.

Sidekick:  I would rather experience you than call you anything.  A name may just represent the fruition of all of our unexpressed desires.  If that is the case, I must call you Mildred Bonk.  But because that name has already been used, I will just call you "Deep Harmony."

Nameless:  (in a deep voice):  Deep Harmony.

Sidekick:  If I am to experience Deep Harmony, I should change my name to Eternal Bliss.

Nameless:  (in a deeper voice)  Deep Harmony.

Sidekick:  I'm just laying here looking at the ceiling, experiencing Eternal Bliss with Deep Harmony. The ceiling has many features that I have not heretofore recognized.   For example, while in this state of Eternal Bliss,  I notice that there are two three inch parallel lines embedded in the ceiling.  An inquiring mind may hypothesize, thus and so, how two parallel lines came to be implanted in such a manner into such ceiling.

Nameless:  You are looking at the ceiling while there is a beautiful world all around you.  Maybe you should consider changing your name from Eternal Bliss to Ted Cruz.  But because that name is taken, I will continue to call you Sidekick.  But I encourage you to look around you my friend.

Sidekick:   (Looking around the room)   I see what is beautiful all around me: to wit, Deep Harmony. This I wonder thus and so, what a strange color this room around us is painted in.

Nameless: It is baby puke green.

Sidekick:  Normally rooms that support....

Nameless:   Deep Harmony....

Sidekick:  .... and Eternal Bliss are not colored in such a light green color reminiscent of vomitus, would you agree?

Nameless:   Deep Harmony....

Sidekick:  Then I asked myself, thus and so, what does one eat to experience Deep Harmony?

Nameless:  Why a cheeseboiger, of course.

Sidekick:  I did not know that the combination of a cheeseburger with gastric juices could produce...

Nameless:   Deep Harmony....

Sidekick:  Or Eternal Bliss.

Nameless:  That is because my friend you have not had the cheeseburger from paradise.

Sidekick:  True, but I have had that frozen concoction that helps me hang on to ...

Nameless:   Deep Harmony....

Sidekick:  Exactly.









 


No comments:

Post a Comment