Friday, February 11, 2022

Escaping the Matrix

I'm sitting on the happy hill overlooking Tuscon.  I walk up feeling the earth beneath me like no other place.  It's welcoming me back like no other place.  And I look at the saguaro and rocky outcroppings which protect the petroglyphs and I know that I am being called back to the place as I have been called back perhaps through eternity.  And how this perpetual call and return in the Ayahuasca space is frightening, here it is welcoming.  Something that always was, always will be, world without end, Amen.   

And I start the meditation touching the rocks which hold the portal and feel drawn away from the city down below.  The matrix.  You can be lost in it.  You are always lost in it.  I am instructed to breath so that the inbreaths bring me back, each breath in one of the four directions, then above me, and below me.  And I am no longer in the matrix, but here among the rocks and the cactus.  Then there is just be an two saguaros, then me and the saguaro in front of me, then just the saguaro.  

Then the insight timer bell rings and I am drawn back to the matrix, my parents hiking up the hill next to me and I join them.  Its my mother's birthday after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment