Sunday, February 5, 2017

If the Shoe Fits...

The Louver:  Here you are, take a look at the crater that is your life.

Sri:  In my sleep deprived state, I don't want to look.  You are not being very supportive, so I will run home to mommy.

The Farmers Daughter:  You can't be alone with yourself.

The Louver:  I don't think you have ever lived alone, going from one person to another.

The Entity:  Are you ever alone?

Sri:  Yes.  And I didn't like it.  I'm a pack animal.  I sleep better when others are around.

The Louver:  Provided they are not snoring.

The Farmers Daughter:  Don't mind my jumpy leg.

The Entity:  We fit together perfectly.

Sri:  I can sleep,  Just give me a cave.   With an entrance I can lock.  And earplugs.

The Entity:  It like there is nothing real with you.  You are always changing.

The Lithuanian:  You are an Ent ever moving, but with a tendency toward wholeness.

The Original Mother:  You need other people, you can't live alone.

Mondo:  You are the most Zen and the most not Zen person I have ever met.

The Farmers Daughter:  You are a married man.

Sri:  Breathe it all in.  You are nothing and its all you.

Rostov:  You are a good man.  You have always treated me well.  But we have nothing in common.

The Entity:  You are always manipulating people.

The Farmers Daughter:  I never believed that you would do that.

The Human Kate Bush:  The man with a child in his eyes.  But you are so determined.

The Human's Friend:  It opened something up in you that hadn't been opened before.

Sri:  My back hurts.  I need to sleep or I will get sick.

The Louver:  You've got to decide what you really want.  Write you own obituary.

The Duck:  If you are Yogi, I'm Boo Boo.

The Reg:  Duck and I do not approve what you are doing.

Kroeter:  Wake up Don!  Bring back the Night Oak Sign!

Duck and Reg:  The Uge!

Kroeter:  One day I'll find an island, a piece, a time of grace......

The State of the American News Media:

The american media is smarting in the face of its own obsolescence.  Yes, it just doesn't matter anymore what the reporters are saying, because everyone, I mean everyone, is a reporter in the age of social media.

The media of course opposed Donald Trump.  They are and were natural enemies.  What was surprising perhaps is that Donald Trump won despite the media.  The mainstream media that is.  Perhaps in the next election, if there is a figure as divisive as Donald Trump, the New York Times will not be writing OP Ed's opposing Trump.  The people reading Op Eds in the New York Times aren't going to be voting for Trump anyway.  Or the Wall Street Journal, for that matter.

The media's audience in the age of smart phones comprises a short and getting shorter attention span theater.  What is persuasive is the meme.  The meme is a simple short genetic or viral code that can get through the blood brain barrier of the intended host and multiply, multiply, multiply.  It gets to the heart of all the built in prejudices and metastasizes.  The memes that were never employed against Trump would suggests, weak, effeminate, cry baby, spoiled rich daddy's boy, shyster, soft hands, beady eyes, limp dick, blow hard.  Of course, it would have been more effective if the opposing candidate wasn't a manipulating and phony bitch.




No comments:

Post a Comment