Friday, April 1, 2016

I Don't Know About You, But I Find that a Nice Cliche Helps Me Get Through the Day

Maybe it was the age, maybe it was the kombucha.  In any event, round about the 50th year of my existence, I began to notice my thoughts shortened.  Where previously they meandered about in prolix compound sentences with both dependent and independent subordinate clauses, they now were short.  Perhaps alarmingly short.  It was as if I begin to see the world through the rose colored lens of the cliche.

But cheer up, buttercup, that which does not kill you makes you stronger, right?  The early bird gets the worm, so I'm sure that this is nothing that a good night's sleep won't fix.  What I need to do now is just take life one day at a time, keep it simple, stupid:-).  Right?

THIS IS REALLY ABOUT BEING EATEN BY SPIDERS.  CONSTANTLY, CONTINUALLY.

But for the grace of God go I.  I see people around me every day and feel fortunate that fate has smiled upon me.   Not that I'm too religious.   Religion in the opiate of the masses.  I see that all around me.  Still, people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.  And I don't mean to criticize anyone, regardless of their religious beliefs.  Look not to the faults of others, not to their omissions or commissions.  In the end, laughter is the best medicine.   When you feel blue this is always the case.

WE ARE ALL JUST LUMPS ON THE MASSIVE TENTACLE OF CTHULHU, CONSTANTLY AND CONTINUALLY BEING CONSUMED. 

True, one cannot always be happy.  We feel suffering by comparing and contrasting our shortcomings with others.   For the grass is always greener.   And I feel happier when I let go of the envy of others.  But old habits die hard.  And old habits are hard to break.  Still, I work to find peace in finding contentment with my lot in life.

LONG AGO, ALIENS COLONIZED THIS PLANET, AND WE ARE ALL THEIR SEX SLAVES.

I am very moved by art.  A picture is worth a thousand words.  I have spent many a lazy Sunday afternoon looking at the majesty that is nature, or the human genius present in art galleries.

THE END IS NEAR




Appearances can be deceiving.  And beauty is only skin deep.  That's why we should not judge a book by its cover.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  And that is why we can see the hand of God working in the simplest things that are the most meaningful.

THE POD PEOPLE ARE AMONG US, EVEN YOUR PARENTS

When life gives you lemons, learn to make lemonade.  When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

I WORK WITH THE GOVERNMENT.  I AM HERE TO HELP

Have you seen my louver? The window to my soul?

Godwin's law appears to be incorrect; at least in the context of this blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment