Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Beyond the Car-O-Sel, A Nameless Podcast

Nameless:  I am Nameless, and this is the Nameless Podcast.  I have banished the Sidekick for the time being because he needs discipline.  A lot of discipline.   So for now, you will just be hearing my Nameless voice.

Anyway, I'm sure you are aware that the Sidekick rambles on and on about his dreams.  I thought I would share one of mine with you as the Nameless father recently visited me from the great unknown.  This occurred during a period of time of intense spiritual practice for me which included my daily devotions, various esoteric practices, meditation, yoga, and avoiding all intoxicants.   My diet consisted only of wild locusts and honey and I rejected all fornications per usual.  Part of these rituals involved regular visits to the cemetery to constantly remind myself of the transient nature of all existence.  During one of these visits, to my surprise,  my fathers coffin popped up out of the ground.   This likely occurred because of all the recent flooding at the cemetery.

The Catholic Church elders decided that before my fathers casket could be "reunited" with the earth, it was essential that we should celebrate another funeral.   I doubt this was an official rule of the Church.  Likely, it was simply another opportunity for the priest to collect another fee from my family.  

During my father's "second" funeral,   I stood in the middle aisle looking at his closed casket on the altar.  As I turned around to face the congregation, I saw many of my deceased aunts and uncles sitting in an aisle on the far left of the church.  Immediately, I walked over and kiss them all on the cheek as was my ordinary greeting.

In the midst of my relatives, I saw a gentleman I had not me before.  I am told by my aunt Jo that this man was my dad's brother who I never met. I was introduced to him.  During this exchange, my aunt Ann doted on everyone because that is what she does.
I notice that there is not a seat in the first three rows. Should not the Nameless daughter have a seat at her own father's funeral?  Surely, some divine injustice must be working against me.  
Finding no seat, I approached the votive candles to "talk" to my dad. I say something to the effect that, "I can't believe I am losing you again." The thought occurred to me that my father has been dead now for several years and having to go through the funeral made the wounds fresh again.

The dream then cut to a different scene. I walked into the church office and saw my dad behind the desk. As I kissed and hugged him it felt so real. I actually felt the pressure of his lips on my cheek when he kissed me!

My father told me that he wanted to say hi and for me to know he was still around.  But he also needed to go back to heaven now. I hugged him and started to cry. I whispered in his ear please just promise me that you will help me. Just promise me that you will help make the right decisions. He promised me he would. Then I hugged him and said and please just promise me that you will be a guardian angel to my daughters and  niece for forever. He said of course he would be.  He then walked out the door.  I thought to myself that I can't believe you are leaving me again.


No comments:

Post a Comment