Sunday, January 11, 2015

Two against Oblivion

Hey, there is something very freaky going on next to me.  I suppose I have to deal with it.  The alternative is going shopping with my daughters.  And you know what I think about shopping.   So I better land my helicopter now and deal with the freakishness.  

So I land the helicopter and get out to look at the sphere levitating off the ground.  I know it wants to speak with me.  All those funky pulsating colors have to be some sort of language.  

Ugh!  The force is pulling me in.  I can't help but feel myself being sucked up into the sphere.  I wonder if there is room.   I wonder what's going to happen to me.

"Never fear mortal, I will save you.  You definitely don't want to get sucked in there.  Its a bad idea, trust me."

Thanks, the force drawing me in was incredible.  Thank you.

"I am Zachary.  And don't mention it.  Saving damsels in distress is my profession."

Well thank you Mr. Zachary.  I'm called Saint June.

"Can I buy you a drink June?"

No, that's fine.  I gave up everything but wine, tequila and  imperial stout.   So I'm not really drinking anymore.  Except those three.   And its not like I have them more than 4 or 5 times a week every other week.  So maybe next week.  Ok?  So do you have any ideas about what that sphere is?

"Its called an oblivion sphere.  People go in, but they don't come out.  Its like deadsville.  What's worse is its expanding.   At least a centimeter an hour.   In another ten thousand years it will suck the entire world in.   So we must fight it now.   We must save our great, great, great great grandchildren from this evil scourge."

Fine, but if its some kind of alien, you are one your own.  I hate aliens.  They are always slimy and smell bad.  The would probably mess up my mascara.

"Never fear, the sphere is not an alien device, but comes from humanities future.  Ten thousand years from now, the Helix corporation will destroy all of humanity with their unregulated use of high fructose corn sweetener and glutens.  The sphere was created as a last ditch effort to save humanity by transporting it into the past to repopulate the earth.  However, what they don't know is that when you are sucked into the future, you lose your past and present, and without the past and present, there is no future.   So like I said, we have to stop this now."

I'm in.  How do we stop it?

"We fly my spaceship into it and detonate the core reactor."

But won't that kill us?

"Of course, but that's a small sacrifice to preserve the planet.  Its just us two against oblivion."

Go ahead, Zachary, fly your little space ship in there.  I've got your back.






No comments:

Post a Comment