Wednesday, January 21, 2015

It Wasn't a Rock

Standing on the ratio, inside my toes

Buffeted whither the west wind blows

They invited me to stay in the apartment.   So many people there to welcome me to the complex. Such reasonable rent.  But somebody had died right there.   In the room they wanted me to stay.  I suppose I could have dealt with it.   Maybe found some sleep in the dead room.  But I hate sleeping alone.  Especially with ghosts.

 But it didn't start there.  Before then, I left the only love I had ever known.  And when I go to the airport to pick up and drop off the Calders on airline drive I remember what it was like then in juxtaposition to how it is now and I know in my marrow that part of me has died.   Its like I'm a corn that was husked.  

See, I'm like that.  Throughout the re-evaluation.  Hanging at Trees Lounge.

So, do you get in a lot of fights?  What do you want to do?

I dunno.   Do you want to watch TV?  No.  Do you want me to take you home?  No.   I just want you to pour me some more wine see?  I don't care its all good:  malbec, cabs, zins, anything red you can't go wrong.   Its all there in my wine app.   Every last one of them.   A nice index to keep track of things.   For the only thing I do keep track of in my life in meticulous fashion is the wine I drink.

Are you calling me an idiot?

He'll be fine.  He just needs to flush out his system, like a radiator.

If when we kiss its not the same, you are not to blame.  Its not your fault because your heart has changed its mind.   You didn't mean to be unkind.   I understand.  Little darling, you are not to blame.







No comments:

Post a Comment