Friday, January 2, 2015

More Fun with Ketosis

Day 0:   735 p.m.   The last of the leg of lamb has been eaten and the Chateauneuf Du Pape consumed.

Day 1:  2:35 a.m.  I awake with a start, and not because Santa is coming down the chimney, but because its that time of the night.  Prior to the 18th Century, the natural circadian rhythm dictated that this middle of the night period would be designated as awake time, and all sorts of nocturnal activities would begin.  Now in this post industrial age, we are supposed to sleep through the night--except when we don't.

2:43 a.m.  The mindway app is opened.  In the game center, I notice that I have reached Bear Tier 5, which at the time of this publication rates me as the highest level player in the world with this app.  Of course, concentration is not intended to be a mental competition, but I'm still waiting for my trophy to arrive.

2:54 a.m.  I focus on a single point in the graphic novel "Saga" and feel my awareness recede from my eyes and forehead, to the central portion of my brain.  I'm not connected with my NeuroSky headset now, but if I were, you can rest assured that my meditation shield would be fully activated, and all my planetary defenses operational.

7:12 a.m.   My day starts with no food, only bulletproof coffee complete with ground vanilla, grass fed butter, MCT oil, ground maca.   The distant rumbles of hunger are already beginning.

11:56 a.m.  I don't eat lunch.

5:21 p.m.   I don't eat dinner.  I feel like the mice in the study on intermittent fasting that were being used as guinea pigs.

Day 2:  6:59 a.m.   My urine registers that I have mild ketosis.   Baby steps.

8:34 a.m.  Packing begins for the Colorado adventure involving the 50th anniversary of my parents.

1:35 p.m.   Are you kidding me?  A two hour flight delay?  That means we will miss the connection.

4:37 p.m.  Another two hour flight delay.  Focus on a point, keep breathing.  Smile at your daughters.

11:39 p.m.   Arrive in Grand Junction Colorado


No comments:

Post a Comment