Thursday, October 16, 2014

Purple is still the color most like Poop--except for Brown, or maybe Orange if you have eaten a lot of Oranges the day before

Ok, so where were we?

Oh, that's right, we were in the folds of the giant orange tulip ship sinking down into the earth--all the while escaping the alien invasion.

There was a soundtrack to this you know.  Maybe as part of the cultist spell I was under, they played music so that I wouldn't be hearing the explosions overhead.  Anyway, the music I heard in booming surround sound was Jerry Garcia singing Pink Floyd's "Mother."  I couldn't help thinking that Jerry Garcia wasn't in Pink Floyd, but as the giant tulip descended deeper into the darkness, I went with it, thinking that maybe Garcia's sang similar to Roger Waters after all.

And it just wasn't the music, but there was a light show going on all around me as well.  Outside of the folds of the tulip, there were comets and constellations and stars zooming by above and below me.  I started feeling a little sick to my stomach.   I steadied myself a bit by focusing on one point to reduce the vertigo I was experiencing.  Where was that giant tulip taking me?

Several hours later, my tulip came to an abrupt halt on the surface of a giant desert planet.   I didn't know where the hell I was other than the planet was barren and had a giant sun overhead.

After I met some of the natives, who called themselves "Fremen," I learned that the planet was called "Arrakis."   The Freeman called me "Muad Dib" which had something to do with a desert mouse.   I don't know where they got that idea--especially because they told me that it was foretold that "Muad Dib" would lead them in a great battle against the Sardukar Army of some great evil Empire.

Of course, I had read all about Arrakis and Muad Dib in Frank Herbert's "Dune."  So I told the Fremen that they would indeed defeat the Sardukar and all would turn out great for them--at least in the short term.   When I told them this, they started shouting my name and proclaiming that it was a miracle and that I could foresee the future.   So I went with that and life was very good.   They even hooked me up with some hot indigenous woman named Chiani.

So I guess I'm supposed to lead them into battle now.   We'll see how that goes.  But first Chiani insists that I eat or smoke a bunch of this spice that is some kind of drug for them.   I'm taking it now, I'll let you know how that all turns out.......



No comments:

Post a Comment