Sunday, October 19, 2014

Fun With Synesthesia


My first experiments with synesthesia occurred fairly early in my cognitive development.   Like maybe when I was two or three.   This was about the same time I wrote my first treatise comparing Hegelian Dialectic with Marxian Dialectic Materialism. (As an aside, that treatise is still looking for a publisher in case anyone is interested).

My experience with synesthesia began as my mother would position my Fisher Price Zen Collection High chair in the bathroom next to running bath water.  It still makes me all tingly this day.   Even though I now have eschewed the familiar trappings of my high chair (more or less), the sound of running water will instantly attenuate any existential anxiety that this post-modern age has inflicted on my consciousness.  I recommend it highly.

Lately, I have been experimenting with new forms of synesthesia.   These involve late night forays into abandoned graveyards and obscure rituals involving toasts and the incantation of other Dionysian rituals. The elder spirits thus summoned appear to have invaded my body and settled into my tanden.  There,  inside my guts, the elder spirits have been churning around proving little relief--except of course, they too are soothed by the sound and vibration of running water.   In fact, come to think of it, I wonder how many world conflicts could be assuaged by bath water?  Its certainly worth a try.  Maybe the Voice of American could broadcast the soothing vibrations into the world's hot spots?   Ukraine?  Syria?  Ferguson?  Its certainly worth a try.

All this churning in my tanden makes we wonder if the churning will produce any butter?   You know how I have been digging the Bulletproof Coffee and Bulletproof Yerba Mate these days.  Think of all the money I could save on Grass Fed Butter if I could produce my own.  Of course, would the butter produced from my own internal churning be considered Grass Fed?  I don't eat alot of grass.   I'm not planning to move to Colorado anytime soon, so I doubt I will have any significant amount of grass in my diet.  Consequently, as my diet does not consist of any literal "grass," my own internally produced diet will have to be metaphorically grass fed.  And I can categorically attest to the fact that each one of my concepts and thoughts are gluten free and completely organic.

I'll let you know if I wake up tomorrow next to a pile of butter and if so, whether it would qualify for Bulletproof Coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment