Monday, September 29, 2014

Osmosis: A Satire

The best satire concerns what we care about most deeply.

That was what I thought as I applied the liquid patch my forehead and waited until it dissolved into the bone and through the blood/brain barrier of my brain.  These new liquid apps were so convenient.   No more upset stomach, the hack was applied right to the source.  This app was appropriately marketed as "Instant Zen"

The affect on my consciousness was instantaneous.   The room lightened and rotated slowly before it came into an intense focus.  My breathing became slow and deliberate.  My mind, normally active, quieted and I felt an amazing sense of peace.   After this initial programming sequence was complete, a pop up screen appeared in my vision.   I selected the option "Deeper Geography 1."

I felt myself going deeper into awareness.  I shut my eyes and and felt them glazing upward, but still closed.   I began seeing and feeling pulsating lights at the top of my brain as my consciousness descended lower.  The entire top of my head was now awash in light and became numb, but I descended down so that I rested almost at the geographic center of my brain.  My ears were full of a humming noise that vibrated throughout my entire body.

I began to experience the inner workings of my mind.   Voices and memories appeared frontally.   Surges of emotions manifested themselves in my hind brain.  I felt I was under a deep ocean and any memory or sensation of the outside world was condensed into the four corners of a room that I felt to be the dimensions of my brain.

After I was in this state for a preset amount of time, another pop up appeared, for this app had custom duration presets.  I selected the option "Go Big".

Now with my eyes opened I returned to the room I had never left.  Only the source of my consciousness, the source of the "me" disappeared and was enmeshed in whatever object in the room my gaze rested on.  It was if I no longer had a physical body, but the source of my perceptions now derived externally.

Eventually, another pop up appeared.  This one stated, "Trial Version Expires in 15 minutes.  The complete App is available in your ITunes store, 12.99Y for unlimited use."






No comments:

Post a Comment