Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tattoo You, Ch. 12

There were some interesting characters on the road.

Everyone knew Ninja Kitty.  He was 20, but he had been on the street since he was 13.  He was one of the most intelligent people I have ever met.   Immensely intelligent.   He had this amazing insane outfit:   kitty ears,  black pants, and a black shirt with hundreds of pockets he had sewn in himself.   He had everything you could ever need in his pockets.  A walking file cabinet.  He could have come straight from a Dickens novel.

Ninja Kitty had a dog named Kanoche.   The dog followed him around on his bicycle.   He had the coolest set of wheels, with these custom decorations and a black basket in the back that Kanoche rode in.  

Velma from Alabama was another cool chick I met.   She was also very smart--she had bachelor's degree in biology or something.   But she always said that she was just not ready to go straight and try to get a job and live a normal life.   And I respected her for that.   She knew what she wanted and that made a lot of sense to me.  Like why get married just because you have been with some guy so long?

Everyone had these cool nicknames.  I was called Wasabi.  There was also Shaggy, Slug, Popcorn, Pippin, Hopalong and a host of others.

Being homeless made getting a job a drag.  I was working at Ulta but then they hired this new general manager who was a total bitch.  She found out I was homeless and then started fucking with my scheduling, calling me at 7 in the morning and telling me I was late for work and crap like that.   So I got fed up with it and quit.

There was nobody in San Francisco I really cared about.  That dude I was hanging out with--Rory--its not like I was that into him or anything.   I view it was like a modern romance.  He was on disability because he has a gunshot wound.   Its like he kinda has his shit together, but kinda not.   He has a medical marijuana growers card so he could be making a lot of money if he every got his act together.   One time in a hotel room he got really really angry with me and started choking me.  I thought I was going to die.   I picked up the phone and called the cops.

When we first started going out with Rory it was almost like rape.   I tell him that now when I'm pissed at him.   I used to tell him to stop and screamed at him.  Kenny came back and I wanted to leave with Kenny.  We wanted to leave together.   But Kenny ended up finding out about Rory and that caused all sorts of problems.   In the end, Kenny started hanging out with Layla.   I didn't trust Kenny anyway.  I don't trust any of them.   It got to the point where I started saying whats mine is mine and what's yours is yours.  It sucks that it started to be like that because that's not what it was supposed to be about.  But I'm not going to take care of Kenny, not going to take care of Rory because they don't pay me back.   Anything I gave them, they would just take it without giving me anything in return. 

I had plenty of opportunities to leave with travelers but it just got hard for me to trust people or do anything anymore.   So I just started withdrawing and spending more time by myself.  As soon as I get back there I'm going straight up north to get out of that mess and get enrolled in school at Humbolt State.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment