Sunday, June 2, 2013

Silster Wilster, Ch 14

Hey look at that empty building there in South St. Louis near Broadway and I-55.   I remember when it used to be a Big Lots. 

Someone who doesn't really care (SNCare):  I feel your pain Sri Pseudo.  

That's not the worst of it.  Sure that one hurt, but I got over it.  I was absolutely decimated after the TJMaxx up at 270 and Florissant closed.  I couldn't sleep for a week.  I still have flashbacks.   I  have take a different route on the way to the airport now.   Its just too painful driving by where it used to be.   All those special times I had carousing through the clearance rack.  All those special bargain she, I mean that I found.   Never to be repeated.  Lost forever.   Part of me died when that store closed.  Since then, it just hasn't been the same.

(SNCare):  Like I said, I feel your pain Sri Pseudo.

No, I don't think that you do. I just don't think you appreciate what its like to lose something like that. Sure, you have your highs and lows. But I bet you have never felt the ecstatic sensation that comes with merging with an article of clothing that retails for $180 that you are able to purchase for $9.99.   So don't tell me you can feel the loss associated with that.  You just don't know what its like.

(SNCare):  My heart bleeds for your loss.   You are right, I just don't know how you feel.   I really don't.   But I am here for you.

Thanks.   It means a lot that you are hear for me.   A big lot actually.  I'm sorry, this is just so difficult for me.

(SNCare):  Its ok.   Here, put your head on my shoulder.   There you go.  Do you feel better now?

I was so Maxxed out.   But you Marshalled me up.  

(SNCare):  What are friends for?

Hey, I feel better now.  Want to go to Kroger's?   I read in the newspaper there is a big sale on all their organic food this weekend:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment