Monday, June 17, 2013

How I Spent My Day, Ch. 1

Wake up at 5 am.

Meditate for 15 minutes with my Insight Meditation App timer (I have found that when I wake up early like this, it is easier to fall back to sleep if I meditate, concentrate on my breathing,or focus on an object for awhile. I think it settles my mind down).
 
Sleep until 8 am.

Wake up again and realize that I missed my favorite Saturday morning yoga class with my favorite teacher.

Eat millet with Jalapeno sauce for breakfast.

Attend Zen mediation group sitting.  (This is Saturday--after all)

Eat roast beef wrap with guacamole for lunch. (the ingredients of which were purchased at Food Fantasy and the bargain bin at Kroger).

Take nap (continue to shirk all responsibilities of daily living).

Pick up the woman who just had an abortion the day before and take her to the Christian Music Festival at the horse barn (of course, I was not the father of the kid--I did pay for it though--In fact the last time she had an abortion I gave her the usual talk about having her partner wear a condom--a lot of good that did).

Wonder what it all would be like to be a Christian and to be a true believer (after all, unlike a secular music festival, there was a lot more smiling  going on)



Leave the Christian Festival, forget about being a Christian.

Listen to a Podcast from the CBC on how modern spiritual practices can make you selfish and unhappy.

Internalize podcast message to realize that my whole life is pretty self centered (After all, what have I done for anyone recently except pay for their abortion and parking ticket?).

Forget about the message of the podcast.

Go to another music festival that was a fundraiser for supporting the legalization of hemp.

Drink wine at the foot of a tree, then hide the wine and go back into the music festival.

Dance at the music festival.

Go back outside and drink more wine (then go back inside).

Listen to speaker at music festival.

Pontificate that I could have given a better presentation than the speaker at the music festival.

Eat some sort of chick pea wrap that was cold for dinner.

Go to a different bar that has better vanilla porter beer in a tin can.

Drink the beer, wipe off the blackboard walls (tabula rasa most thrilling).




Go back to the music festival.

Dance some more to the Hot Bag of Donuts.

Leave the music festival.

Download old Joy Division, new Savages and new Parquet Courts on Emusic.

Go to sleep.

Dream.

Wake up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment