Saturday, May 18, 2013

Near Encounters of the Seventeenth Kind, Ch. 2

Anonymous Friend:  Westward Ho!   Let's start the search for the missing extra-terrestrial.  The long lost love of your strife.

I'm sorry friend.  Where I'm going, you won't be able to follow me.

Anonymous Friend:   And why is that? I'm the pimp of the inverse, always riding your shoulder.  How to you propose to get rid of me?

You are more like the dream I had the other night.  Involving William Macy with those sad intense obsessive eyes and where you absolutely know that he won't stop until he pushes his obsessions to his own doom.  This time Macy was at work.   Everybody at work was uncomfortable with him, off in the corner brooding like he was.  But his coworkers were too afraid to do anything about it fearing it might set him off.   Macy had a girlfriend.  The female version of him.  All skinny with small breasts.  She had slept with one of her coworkers and couldn't understand why the guy didn't want to see her again.  She kept following him around.  It was very embarrassing.

Anonymous Friend:  Wow, that was more information than I needed to know.

There is a little bit of Macy in all of us. Its to be avoided, just like you.

Anonymous Friend: Just think of how your life would be without me boring you?  If you didn't have me, where would you find all the cumin and coriander to make your Indian food?

I was doing just fine without you.  I had the most awesome female in the galaxy.   Well, she was sort of female anyway.  We bonded in so many ways.  I lost count.

Anonymous Friend:  I will weighs the count for you then.   Count I:   You were hallucinating.   There is no such thing as flying saucers, my friend.  That doubt must weigh a ton on you right now.   Count II:  Are your really sure you weren't dreaming?  A dream is but your life (whether you are rowing a boat or not).  Count III:   You are out, no strike that.  Maybe you had a ball.  You are tolling your own bell, whom does it toll for?   Give up the imaginary alien, dude.

She escaped through time.   She dropped out of time.

Anonymous Friend:  No, I think that you dropped out.  She tuned in, Mr. Leary.

You just don't get it do you?  She is no longer in time.   Can you imagine a world without time?

Anonymous Friend:  Sure, but it would be so much easier if I imagined a world with no aliens in it.  And no religion too.



No comments:

Post a Comment