Sunday, May 19, 2013

More Information Than I Wanted to Know, Ch 1

If familiarity breeds a contempt routine
I'm a despicable case
It starts every morning and ends every night centered around the hand held extension of myself
When I sleep, it rejuvenates itself every night in the outlet
When I wake, it rejoins my hand and we search the overnight wine deals on Cinderella wine and Last call wine
Still in my hand, we then gyrate to the rewire meditation app for 5 minutes listening and grooving to the sounds of the Motet, Thinner Teed or LCD Soundsystem
After all we both need our exercise
Then its off to the insight meditation app.
I wonder whether its more important that I meditate or that I keep my consecutive day streak alive and rack up the practice points?
I wonder whether I want to know the answer to that question?

Speaking of being anal, do you really want to know how much effort and thought I put in each day so that the smartphone can keep its charge the whole day and completely exhaust itself by the end of the day?  We can't have any of this charging in the middle of the day crap.   The batteries last longer if you completely deplete them and then charge them completely.   Or so I'm told.   So what that means is that you must ration your usage accordingly.   Its a categorical imperative.

Then its off to see the wizard of facebook and twitter.
As if I will ever find the end to that yellow brick road.

Of course, lets not forget about the brain.  Must train the brain. 
Lets start with Clockwork Brain--we must make sure to log in to obtain the daily bonus.  Then its Einstein's daily brain trainer, Cogni Fit, and a host of others to ward off the advancing specter of Alzheimer's.  Can't be too careful about that.

And finally, the new obsession:  online Scrabble.   What started as a game with my mother has blossomed into a full fledged adventure with random opponents world wide.  Its starting to piss off the people around me.  I wonder if I'll be able to go cold turkey?

Speaking of cold turkey, imagine how good it feels that I am slowly diminishing the newly acquired wine cellar, one bottle at a time.  Burp!






No comments:

Post a Comment