Thursday, July 5, 2012

Things I wish my daughters will read, Ch. 4

Last month marked a landmark event.   My daughters actually enjoyed listening to a song that I like.  They even requested it.   You can even find a video on YouTube where there are singing to it.   I'm not getting carried away.   Other than the new Keller Williams album entitled "Bass" they generally think the rest of my music sucks.   Even if Siri plays it.   Here is the song that changed it all:

Super Hot

For every super hot girl in the front row
There's a super insecure dude standing behind her
Holding on to her waist as she pelvic thrusts the stage
normal reaction to the brow notes of the bass (not sure about this part--but can't find the lyrics anywhere on the Internet--if you find them please let me know...lol)  (whatever it is, this chorus is repeated two times)

People ask me why I play with my eyes closed
Is it a form of concentration?
Is it just so you can feel it?
or is it a form of meditation?
Are you channeling some kind of energy
from above and beyond?
Or are you just high?
and you want to hide your eyes?

The answer to these questions
ridiculous as they may be
they can all be answered in the chorus, so won't ya'll
please sing it with me.

Chorus above (x2)

Yes I am channeling some kind of energy
from above and beyond
Yes it is a form of concentration
and you know sometimes it slips into meditation but..
I'm just probably high
and I don't care about hiding my eyes
but if I keep them open far too long
my mind will wander and I'll forget this song

I see your mischievous smile
that only I can see
and if i have my eyes closed all the time
this observation would never come to me

Chorus above (x2)

Musical interlude (have you seen the bridge--where is that confounded bridge:-))

The more my eyes are open
the more that comes to mind
and the more my eyes are closed
is the more that is left behind
but the more that is left
is the more that seems right
so i pull down my eyelid shades
and i block out the light

People ask me why I don't use a teleprompter
I say that i should
I can benefit from one
then i can benefit from reading my way though the set
and not have to spoil anybody else's fun

because some people take song lyrics so seriously
and that makes me think that I should to
but I cannot read with my eyes closed and i should not be making up songs about you

like...

Chorus above (x2)




No comments:

Post a Comment