Friday, July 13, 2012

The Open Microphone, Ch. 2

Father Uge (FU):  So pray tell, how was the Rainbow Gathering?

AS (Amrapali Susko):  It was the best experience of my life.   Its amazing being back now and realizing how much we are not in touch with our feelings and emotions.   It was such a liberation being at the gathering.  It made me realize that I must get out and do something with my life now instead of living like a zombie.

FU:  How so?

AS:  It was like being part of a big gigantic family.  Feeling all the oneness of the human tribe.   We slept in a small tent with eight people.  We woke and went to the main circle gathering where everyone was silent until the sun was high in the sky.   We all meditated, did silent mantras or whatever to feel the love between us.   After that, we all stripped ourselves of our former lives and became naked and free.   We had gigantic cuddle parties with hundreds of people.   It was so blissful.  There was no sense of time to anything.   On the GFunk stage a calender was posted and the only times listed were in increments of "dark 30", "morning 30" or "hippie noon."  That is how we lived our lives.  No sense of time other than the eternal sounds of the forest and our place in it. 

Mr. Martin, the Vietnam Vet (MMVV):  Hey FU, I didn't recognize you.  Did you move back to Springfield? 

FU:  Apparently so.

MMVV:  Well you should join the board of the homeless shelter again.  In fact, now we not only have a homeless shelter, but a new shelter for homeless Vietnam Vets.   Its on Spring street where the Asian grocery store used to be.

FU:  Sounds cool. 

MMVV:  Yes, we have a bunch of screaming liberals on the board now.  We need some diversity.   You used to be kind of one of those "balanced budget" types, right?

FU:  I was always imbalanced.   You just didn't know me very well.   Now, all I know is that the Chinese are not going to get any of the money back they loaned us.   And they know it.

MMVV:  Maybe, but those crafty Chinese will try to find a way to influence our political system.

FU:  Perhaps, but in any event, here is my card.  Now be gone with you.   I'm not in the mood for any philantrophy tonight, but I will gladly assist you on the third Monday of every month when such impulses arise in me.

L:  Hey everybody, its Hailey's world premier.  Check out the bitch:



AS:  Hailey, you are awesome.   If I were a man, I would eat you up.   Wait, I meant if I were a woman, and in a forest with thousands of naked people, I would jump in the lake with you and we would make animal noises together.

Chelsea (C:)  Those were my fondest memories of the gathering.  Swimming naked in a lake.  Dancing around naked in the rain parade.   I loved how comfortable everyone was together.  And, of course, the brownies.

FU:   Ok, here are my cards.  Now be gone with you.   By the way, Hailey, what songs were those you were signing?

H:  "Malibu," by Hole, "Celebrity Skin," by Hole, "Say its Possible" by Tara Naomi.

L:  Hayley, you rock.  You are my heroine.  FU, you could always perform 4'33" as the next act.
By the way, what do you call this?

FU:  Its a zafu.  They are playing China Cat.   Consequently, and as a result of this, we must dance.



AS:  Isn't the dead so grateful?

FU:  Daughter, if Oliver Wendell is your new boyfriend, I approve.   Anyone who can play China Cat has my blessing.

AS:  He's not my boyfriend.   Well, not really.   Sort of.   I will be beholden to no man or woman.

FU:  Now we must all go and dance on the roof before I run out of cards.  Have you seen the roof, where is that confounded roof?

(on the roof)

C:   What is going on the the Hickox building?

L:   Everyone who goes in comes out with a smile.   All sorts of adventures await entry.   Do not delay.

AS:  I want to live free unencumbered by those encumbering things.

FU:  Don't you let that deal go down.

Oliver Wendel (OW):  We should sleep on the top of the building.   Staring at the stars.   I know how to get to the top.  All you have to do is to pull down the fire escape.

FU:  Pull the string!  Pull the string!

L:   Its like being in a bad Ed Wood Movie.

AS:  Lets go to the top of the building and release all of our cards into the wind:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment