Sunday, November 27, 2011

Things that don't resonate with me to the extent they once did (3)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Soren Kierkegaard.

But that was at a basketball game long ago, and humor never dies.

It just grows more nebulous and amorphous.

Like selling a baseball mitt to Marshall Chapman's bass player.

Or exchanging it for a testosterone shot.

But I digress, what I had meant to say was:

"Henry David Thoreau"

Nary a blip any more on the sinusoidal wave front that characterizes my consciousness anymore.

And I care not what Robert Harrison thinks.

I've got your self reliance right here, you freaky anti-social bastard

with bad manners.

Now don't get me wrong, Guns and Roses may have a point that we all need some time to be alone.

But the only insight I've ever come up with when I was all alone in a cabin in South Dakota was that I was freaky anti-social bastard.

Now I'm just a freak into this whole complex networked web of human interactions thing

whatever the hell that means.






No comments:

Post a Comment