Wednesday, January 27, 2021

The Wide Open Prairie

 In my dream AEH was retiring.  In real life, my perception is that he is the hardest working attorney who has devoted his life to his job.  As opposed to me, for example.  Dream time AEH was somewhat upset with me.  I was leaving to go back home or somewhere and I was not driving.  I'm not sure how I was getting home, walking, or otherwise.  It was going to take a long time and it was getting dark.  I was in some urban setting initially, and there was an African American man near where I was wearing glasses and Adrian's admonition that I should be driving home aroused my fear of the African American man.   Something like the path I was on was not safe.  Then I was outdoors riding a skateboard on wide open spaces.  I realized that it was going to take a long time to get to my destination and that I was taking the long difficult way and perhaps I should change my course in the future.  This has been a recurring dream with me lately, how I am riding a bike or walking in wide open spaces, not driving a car.  

Though in the dream I was critical of myself for not driving, as I am typing this, I am grateful for not taking the well trodden path of AEH and others.  I have been taking to long way home.  Of course, AEH has a home.  I don't.  Not literally, anyway.  More on that later.   Perhaps I have something, some path more open and aligned to the infinite nature of what this existence is.  More expansive, but more empty at times.  And it this 3 weeks post COVID existence, the withdrawal from life has brought forth an emptiness of new possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment