Monday, July 13, 2020

We are All Node People Serving as Vessels of The Divine

Ever notice that anyone who believes in reincarnation always believes in some past life they were a Pharaoh, or Cleopatra, or they were a famous artist or died in some glorious battle.  What if in a past life we were an insect, or a tree?

I remember Stan Grof writing in one of his books that he and his wife (or ex-wife Joan Halifax) had had other relationships in past lives as other people.  They were always important historical figures.  I sometimes have the feeling that people in this life who enter and leave it also crossed paths with me in a past life, or will play a more important role in a future life.  One ex-girlfriend told me this directly.

I wonder how many former Cleopatra's or Kings I have met or know in this incarnation.  The answer may be quite a few.  But before I get there, let me digress first.

Now for the digression.  In Christian mysticism, the exalted state of sorts is to be a vessel of the divine.  See Acts 9:15, 2 Timothy 2:21.

The prayer of Mother Teresa is to be a vessel to receive the lord.

End Digression.

Here is my intuition:  We are all vessels.  Nodes on a unimaginatively vast network.  If our vessel is pure and clean and uncluttered we can receive different aspects of the divine.  We can pray/ask/manifest to receive some aspects.  But we are not discrete entities.  Different manifestations of the divine, be them beings or something beyond our comprehension enter us or leave us all the time, and not just in dreams.  What they are acting out or doing in us is a great mystery.  This is not an excuse for us to abandon our self responsibility.  Indeed, to some degree, we can invite and therefore control the energies which can come into us.

So where does this leave us?  I don't really know.  I only sense that whatever energy was Cleopatra all those years ago, that divine archetype, whatever you want to call him or her may still be kicking around.  You may have met an aspect of them today.  And she may still be smoking hot.  Or playing at being a man today.  You never know.

Choose wisely my friend.  And when I say friend, you are unimaginably more vast that I could ever imagine, so I better treat your ass well, whoever you are.  lol






No comments:

Post a Comment