Friday, October 6, 2017

The Second Book of Harvest: "The Summoning" (Black Sheep OpenMic.October 6, 2017)

What we experience now is not what we are

deep inside us is the facility to recall everything

like wayward children

wandering aimlessly through the woods

we can't always lay hands on them

but they are there

water flowing through the sluice

"Speak!", Emo yelled, yanking me along

"Before we were many pieces," I stammered

(an age old stuttering problem)

"there was one  
straining up to the light 
leaves unfurled
all paths lead to one
casting no shadow
the gateless gate"

"Faster, harder," she yelled 

I can see the light now
through the canal 
life into death
death into life
Enkidu into Shamhat
Shamhat into Enkidu

Emo then handed me the passion fruit (footnote which was infused with Banisteriopsis Caapi)
and said:

"Take this fruit, this is of my body, which you may eat from.  Do this in remembrance of me."

I ate the fruit greedily.

And I was back at Sabin Elementary School

Bear Valley Colorado

Kindergarten class

It was a film after nap time

Adam and Eve

But not the way it really happened

I should know

And a plaster skull on the table

We were forbidden to touch the skull

Emo touched my shoulder.   You can do this, you have already done this.  A thousand times.  I am there for you when you need me.

The plaster skull broke into a thousand pieces.














No comments:

Post a Comment