Friday, June 9, 2017

Spiders, Spiderwebs, Fireflies.

S:  You are like a firefly that flitters from here to there and everywhere.

FF:  Give me an example?

S:  You can't sit still even to eat.  You sit there, take a bite and walk back into the kitchen; then you go to the bathroom, then the bedroom, now you are back sitting with me.  But there is more, even your eyes are darting everywhere.  Always looking for danger, always thinking of your next step, the next move.  And I'm looking at you waiting for you to stop.  Waiting for you to look at me!  I say, I'm sitting here, I'm here with you, look at me.  I'm here.  I'm trying to connect with you.  Where are you?
But I know you can't help it.  You are all over the place.  You are so funny.

FF:  But don't you like that?  Or do you like that?

S:  I do and I don't.  I just find it interesting.  You are a firefly.  I want to catch you and put you in a jar so you can illuminate my way at night.  Don't worry, I'll put a hole in the top of the jar so you can breathe.  I'll put you in the bed with me.  You can be my nightlight.

FF:  Ah, so you are a predator?

S:  Maybe.  Maybe I just want a project in some way.  You are my project.  I keep thinking maybe I can help you.

FF:  What are you going to help me do?

S:  Sleep, Find peace, Be happy, Relax.  I don't know.  Its a maternal instinct. I always felt I could help you.  You have helped me in a lot of ways.

FF:  Does your desire to assist me intensify when you think I am in more distress?  Because sometimes I can sleep.  However, as you are aware, this is not one of those months.  I'm always looking for a safe place to sleep, where no one can get me.

S:  That's why I want to put you in a jar!  You are such a child sometimes.  You think like a child, get angry like a child, wear your heart on your sleeve like a child, make love like a child with all your heart, argue like a child, get hurt like a child, throw a tantrum like a child, get sad like a child, get scared like a child, and late at night when you are alone, you want to crawl into bed with your mommy don't you?   That's why I love you so much.  That's why I want to protect you.  But you are more than that.  For your ass doesn't always light up.  Sometimes its so dark.  I get a chill when that happens.  Its like a total eclipse.  Then I wonder why I even bother with you.  You cause so much pain when your ass is cold.  Makes me question everything about you.  Then I try to remember all the good things about you.  I try to remember what it is like with you when your ass shines brightly.  Its so hard sometimes.  But still I can never forget you.

The Recent Lucid Dream, A Non-Sequitor

I was in a Zen temple.  The Grateful dead was playing or what was left of them on a small stage.  This was basically Bob Weir and some session musicians.  They sounded great.  I remember doing somersaults I was so happy.  Then I was out back on the veranda talking to someone.  I asked that if he wanted to get Bob Weir's autograph with me. Then I realize it was Bob Weir.  We both laughed hysterically.

You're Still Standing There by Steve Earle

I've spent my life following things I cannot see
But just when I catch up to them, they slip away from me
Now I've been down a thousand trails I've never walked before
And I found out that without fail, they lead me to your door
And the world keep turning round and round
It leaves me hanging in the air
My heart keeps turning upside down
You're still standin' there
Now lately I see all the signs, I feel it in the wind
And the same thing happens every time that you come back again
Now I'll admit that there are nights when I sit up and cry
But sometimes I turn out the lights and pray you'll pass me by
And the world keep turning round and round
It leaves me hanging in the air
My heart keeps turning upside down
And you're still standin' there
Now since you've gone my empty arms have nothing left to hold
And your memory cannot keep me warm but it never leaves me cold
And the world keep turning round and round
It keeps me hanging in the air
My heart keeps turning upside down
You're still standin' there
And the world keep turning round and round
It leaves me hanging in the air
My heart keeps turning upside down
You're still standin' there









No comments:

Post a Comment