Friday, December 9, 2016

Blockchain Hallucinations

The smell of freshly brewed coffee wafted up to the already acute olfactory senses of the talking cat.

"Susie, this has to be the best coffee I have ever encountered.  But do we know where it came from?  How do we know it doesn't have the mold?  Is it from a single source?  Are the beans grown in the shade and transported by the burro?  I'm developing a social conscious in case you haven't noticed.   I want all my hard earned money to benefit only the most environmentally friendly operations."

We'll to begin with,  its my hard earned money my feline friend.   The last time I checked you had nine lives, but not discernible source of income.

"A minor detail to be sure.  Have I ever told you best thing about you is your waist?  Wait until you see the statues in my bathroom."

Now you are talking like a soft boy.  I have something for that.  Why don't you chew on this flowery like substance for awhile.  Its called Trillium.  I obtained it from a medicine man in a clinical trial in Medellin.  It will expand your (cough) consciousness.

(the cat chews the white flower that looks something like a lotus blossom)


"Oh my God.   Its all so interconnected.   The coffee, you, me, Sergio, the guy who makes the coffee, the burro (whose name is Pedro), the details of transaction are automatically coded into blocks of data that are cryptographically linked together with other transactions and secured over a network.   The linked chain of data blocks have formed an incorruptible record of all the transactions that can be replicated on every computer that uses the network.   On this blockchain that I see before me, you can see not only debits and credits of the transaction, but other information such as history of ownership and location, title, contracts, real world objects, each individual coffee bean—and even personal information."

Don't look for it Taylor, you might not like what you find.

"Start the weekend off right with tasty treats out in the Cortex food truck meetup from 11am--1pm.  Due to the rain today, DJ's Gul-licious Backyard BBQ treats will not be with us this week.  But you can still find them at your favorite grocery store.  My neighbor has irritable bowel syndrome.   While he is away, I suggest we break into his house and steal it and hide it in a place he'll never find.  What if social media is just something that drives human societies insane?  What if the negative externalities outweigh the total use value?"

Taylor, I told you not to go into the forbidden zone.

"If fake news actually influences reality, it takes all the fun away from satire, and Jean Paul Sarte.  By the way, I think I'm having an existential crisis over here, what was in that flower?"

I'm going to take you home and give you the Languedoc.

"Did it come from a single source?  Here, give it to me now and I will check its Blockchain distribution." 



No comments:

Post a Comment