Thursday, July 18, 2013

We are all Caterpillars, Ch. 4

We are all Caterpillars
Beggars outside sweatshops
choking dysentery exhaust fumes
through thoroughfares
swarming as cigarette butts
hit the pavement

A tower of light spears the eastern sky
In the age of Kali
the meek prey without mercy
meager rations in every strand of DNA
save the harvest of AK-47s.

Behold the intellectual values that shape the revolution
success wealth population fame
life rolling along
like a pretend Mercedes
interrupted by a war no one saw coming

A new name on our lips
unspeakably hot and glamorous
graffiti daubed Help Desk
the all-conquering soap opera
under socialized ex-teen cyberwarriors





Sometimes I'm hot; sometimes I'm cold
sometimes I'm open; sometimes I'm closed;
sometimes I'm wet; sometimes I'm dry
sometimes I'm taking a nap; sometimes I'm in my office looking at records
sometimes I'm cooking; sometimes I'm baked
sometimes I'm in the garden; sometimes I'm in the yard

What am I ?

1 comment:

  1. You are a VERY hungry caterpillar waiting impatiently to evolve into something better, more ephemeral, and much shorter-lived. In the meantime, enjoy the leaves and lollipops. :)

    How are you?

    ReplyDelete