Monday, January 28, 2013

The Adventures of Mantei Tebow, Ch. 2

On the third day after the apparation of Emmanuala appeared to him, Tebow saw a crowd gathering around the entrance of the Noble Amazon's bookstore down the street from his flat.

On the front of the store was a banner stating that Emmanulana, "Tebow's wife" was appearing for a book signing promoting her new book, "My life with Tebow."

Using all the speed and agility he could muster, Tebow scurred back to his flat hoping to avoid being seen.

Frantically Tebow called his best friend who was what the foreigners call "an agent."

"Jerry, this is Tebow, have you seen that women calling herself Emmanulana is having a book tour?"

"I know, isn't it great!"

"But you don't understand!"

"What's there to understand?  Her ratings are through the roof.  Quick, turn on your television, you can catch her interview"

Tebow turned on the television to see a dark haired women being inteviewed on Oprah.  She was showing Oprah childhood pictures of what she was explaining were her and Tebow together.   Tebow looked on with horror as the camera focused on pictures of a teenage Tebow with his arm around a younger version of this women."

Oprah:  What  was it like growing up with Tebow?

Emmanulana:  It was an absolute paradise.  He is the kindest most devoted man a women could ever hope to meet.

Oprah:  But was it always a paradise with him?

At this Emmanulana teared up.

Emmanulana (through sobs):  I've never told anyone this, but before the attack, he was a different person...He was so cold...It hurts to remember how he (sobs)....

Oprah:  Emmanulana, you are among friends.

Emmanulana:  Its just that after we were on the boat and he fell in the water and the shark....

Oprah puts her hand on Emmanulana's forearm and pats it

Emmanulana:  He was frozen and couldn't move, I don't know if he was afraid, but I knew he was in trouble.  I knew I had to act.   I don't remember what possessed me, but I jumped in the water with the spear, and kept  stabbling and stabbing the shark so it wouldn't get Tebow.

Oprah:  You are an inspiration to us all Emmanulana.

Emmanulana:  After that he was different, he's like you see him now.  That's why I love him so much.

Oprah:  We'll be right back with more from Emmanulana...

"Did you see that Tebow?"  said Jerry.   "I'm telling you, your wife is awesome.  She'll have even better rating than you do with that story.   You are such a lucky man.  I'll tell you what, we need to have you two together for a photo session as soon as possible.  I'll call People magazine to have it set up."

Tebow continued to stare blankly at the TV screen.



End Chapter 2




No comments:

Post a Comment