Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Open Microphone, Ch. 4

An Ode to Jo Low

Of course, this is more about me than about you.

It always works out that way.

But I don't have musical parents.   Certainly not in the way you do.

Big fish in a small fish pond.

and you are a whale.

Sometimes when I hear you singing to a room that should be much more full

I get sad.

The music is sad, the candle lights are sad, even the flugelhorn is sad.

Have I told you you look just like your dad?

Have you noticed how quiet everyone gets when you turn you head to the side and belt a note into the air?

And then shake it back and forth like the old blues women do?

Rise up

Don't be afraid to be yourself, Egyptian drummer

"Its only right that you should play the way you feel it"

May everyone you know not go away in the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment