Sunday, October 14, 2012

Leave it to a Beaver, Ch. 1

Scene 1:  In the kitchen at 485 Maple Drive

Ward: Say, Wally about this trip tomorrow. Now, you mother’s not very sold on it to begin with, so no horsing around.   Here is some money for the train ride.   And take especially good care of the Beaver, huh?

Wally: Well sure, Dad. I’ll take good care of the Beaver. He’s not just my brother, he’s a pretty good kid, too.

Beaver:  Gee thanks Wally.  But I can take care of myself.   By the way, I was kinda wondering, are there any Indians where Aunt Martha lives?

Ward:  You don't have to worry about that son.   Wally will be on the train with you all the way there.  Aunt Martha and your cousin Florence will prevent you from being scalped by any Indians once you get there.

Beaver:  But Dad, we won't need any help from a girl. 

Wally:  Boy Beaver, wait till the guys find out you were hanging around with a girl. They’ll really give you the business. (canned laughter)

Commercial Break

Scene 2:  At the train station

Beaver:  Gee Wally, maybe we shouldna eaten all that candy.   I'm not feeling to good.

Wally:  When Dad finds out we spent all the money for train tickets on candy bars we are going to be in big trouble.

Beaver:  How we going to get to Aunt Martha's now?

Wally:  Don't worry Beaver, I've got a plan.  I've heard that at these train stations, there are some people who carry around bags of money.  We just need to find someone who can give us money for the train tickets.

(Enter Kind Man wearing fedora)

Kind Man wearing fedora:  Hey kids, I couldn't help overhearing about your problem.   I must tell you that you should limit your intake of sweets between meals.   Eating more than one candy bar at a time is definitely not good for your health.  Don't you feel all crummy now?

Wally:  You are right sir, we learned our lesson.  

Beaver:  Gee wally, that man is right.  I'm never eating candy again.

Kind Man wearing fedora:  Good.   Well, I hope this helps (handing Wally and Beaver money for the train tickets).   And don't forget, don't talk to strangers.

Wally:  We won't sir.

Commercial Break.

Scene 3:  At Aunt Martha's house.

(Enter Florence)

Beaver:  Florence, I'll be nice to you and all.  But please don't tell my friends that I was hanging around with a girl or they will give me the business.

Florence:  Don't worry Beaver.   It will be our little secret.    Let me tell you another secret.  None of this is real.

Beaver:  Gee Florence, what do you mean by that?

Florence:  You are living in a world that does not exist.   All of it is fake, your family, your house, your town.

Beaver:  Like its kinda like a fairly tale that you read in a book?

Florence:  Exactly.  Here let me show you.  (touches Beaver on the forehead).

Beaver:  (face lights up) Gee Whiz, I had no idea.

Commercial break. 








No comments:

Post a Comment