Friday, May 18, 2012

Other People's Houses, Ch 3

Let's do the time warp now.  First, back in time to:

La Casa del Little Ruv.

I went down to Rosedale, with my rider by my side.  (insert guitar riff here)

There was nothing that smelled bad at La Casa del Ruv.

Except maybe the Pazaasaurus.

There was nothing out of place at La Casa del Ruv.

Except a garden overflowing with weeds.

At La Casa, I had my first training at the basics of mindfulness in the kitchen.

Like not chopping up vegetables and meat on the counter without a fricking chopping block.   And of course, let's not forget the exposed gas line in underneath the counter.   One bump into that and the whole place would burst into flames.   As if that didn't happen for other reasons:-)

Then there was the bathroom.   What a source of contention.  The most screwed up remodeling job in history.   But despite all the intrigue, it was probably left in somewhat better condition that it started.   Its too bad there are not videos of me knocking down the walls into the bathtub irrevocably scraping the surface of the porcelain.

There were PFL's in the bedroom.   But they weren't needed.  

There was a tempest on the wall.   And it looked a lot like me.

There was a guest room used for the computer.   And Quah, by Jorma.   But I'll be alright with the Genesis of all that.   Even with the Trader, right Mr. Wilson?

Hi\Trader

Trader sailed a jeweled crown
Humanity rowed the way
Exploring to command more land
Scheming how to rule the waves.
Trader spied a virgin plain
And named it for velvet robes
Wrote home declaring,
"There's a place
Where totally folks are free"

And sense we are going there, how about a little of this with a little of that?

Showers pounding out a new beat
I trade my old shoes for new feet
I grab a new seat
I don't like the one I got
The fabric's wearing through
And it's wearing me out
You're wearing me down
Watching old baseball games
And low budget telethons
Ain't like watching you yourself
When you yourself is on
Got time to wander to waste and to whine
But when it comes to you
It seems like I just can't find the time
So watch your head and then watch the ground
It's a silly time to learn to swim
When you start to drown
It's a silly time to learn to swim
On the way down
If I gave you my number
Would it still be the same
If I saved you from drowning
Promise me you'll never go away

(I'm so happy to be with ruvie, and that's what I'm doing the I'm so happy to be with ruvie

DANCE)


And the living room.  With the photos on the shelf that eventually changed with the audience present.  And the worlds best cd collection beneath the veil.   And the ubiquitous treadmill.   To the well constructed deck that Dick built.  To the electric grill.

So lets so go up the hill, and down the hill and around the block.  Taking the morning jog with pazasaurus.  Never mind the neighbors that might have been criminals.  Or the next door neighbor that watched over everything.

Wow, and that's only the tip of the iceberg.  What else can I member?





(Escaping from trial in Quincy, McDermott style, by the skin of my teeth...lol)



 


No comments:

Post a Comment