Saturday, January 11, 2020

Maiden, Iowa

So I was driving around in a car with my parents in St. Louis.  We were driving through a maze of high red/orange walls and I remember telling them that we are at the Cortex Commons.   Of course, we were not, at least in the waking world, but in this world, I was quite convinced of our location because I had been there before.

Then we were on a plane.  We were engaged in a very good discussion.  My parents were very close and loving with each other just like someone pointed out to me recently.  My father was expressing some affinity for Doris Day.  I'm am not sure if he gives a shit about Doris Day in the waking world.  The conversation must have been so engaging that we forgot to get out of the plane and it was taking off again and we were going to go with it.  It was a large plane, at least a Boeing 737.  I was not really that alarmed, I was more concerned about how we were going to get back and what the return connections would be.  I asked the dude in the seat in front of me where we were going and he told me Maiden, Iowa.  I had never heard of that but thought it must be some airline hub that doesn't exist in a city like the Mid America Airport or something.  Then it came out that I was from Illinois and he kept trying to talk to me about cannabis in a very animated sort of way.

In the waking world, there is no town called Maiden, Iowa.  But there is a beer:  https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/31011/215496/

Perhaps more to the point, two days before this dream, I watched a trailer about a movie named Maiden:   https://www.iowapublicradio.org/post/all-female-crew-maiden-sailed-around-world-and-history#stream/0

Anyway, the plane took off not at an airport but on an interstate and was dodging cars to take off.  Also power lines.  This is a recurring dream of mine.  Very recurring.  So recurring that I thought, wait, I might be in a dream.  But I wasn't in a dream.  It was too real.  The plane dodged the power lines and went straight up.

And then landed almost immediate in Maiden, Iowa, which was a suburb in Iowa City.  I remember thinking that I needed to tell Madison I was there.
Then we were on some plaza and people were digging for jewels and watches with some sort of detectors.  I didn't have any.  I looked underground and saw huge crystal formations. 

Then I was at some sort of prison.  I'm not sure if it was actually a prison but it felt like one.  I was with a group of men.  One of the men was different from the others.  It was either me or someone else who pointed out to the others that the man had a nice watch (maybe connected to the watches everyone was looking for in Iowa City).  The fact that the man had a nice watch was somehow bad or different, and then it was pointed out that the man had the nice watch because he was married to a gay man who was rich.  That fact made him not fit into the group with the rest of us.  There was a sense that the man was not gay yet was married.

There was probably more, but that is all I have right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment