Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tom Petty is Dead. He Just Doesn't Know it Yet.

I was looking outside at a pool party and Tom Petty was playing there.  He had a band with him, but it was not the Heartbreakers.  He was kind of hunched over playing guitar.  I did not think anything about it.  For I was at a pool party last weekend, and there was a band playing, and I was not comfortable there.  Of course, earlier in the summer, I was at a festival on the Wyoming/Idaho border and Keller Williams was playing Tom Petty covers with a bluegrass band.  And I felt that life made sense.  But that is another story and not related to the current narrative.  Or is it?

Then later I was on an airport concourse next to the pool party.  At that time, and not before, I remembered that Tom Petty was dead.  I had this strange non-rational experience, to which I've been having more lately to the point where I knew that Tom Petty was dead, and yet that knowledge was not inconsistent with the fact that he was playing guitar next to me at the pool party.  The universe ultimately is not about cause and effect.  Please don't ask me to explain this.  It might have something to do with quantum physics where what we see is not based on mass, or time, but rather on probability and consciousness.  Or it might have something to do with theta brain waves.  But that is saying too much.  He was in the other room despite the fact that he was dead.  And I was privileged to be aware on some level of what was going on.
Then the thought crept in my mind that this was some sort of VR simulation where I could go back in time and tell him that he should go to a hospital right away to avoid his death.  It did not seem like too far of a leap to take at that time.
Then much later, I was still at the airport but I woke up.  I was very groggy.  I felt my face looked old, but it might have been the young people who were waking up next to me.    I remember thinking what a strange dream I had had with Tom Petty and VR.
Then there was something on the news about some sort of Republican victory in an election.  It was an upset.  I was watching the scene unfold as an observer.    But the thought crept in my mind that somehow this was related to the graphic novel called the Invisibles and that the Invisibles were behind the victory somehow.  It had something to do with taking the difficult path in life, where the path of handouts was related to some sort of occult dependence.   Like I said before, for some reason the universe is ultimately not about our feeble attempts at rationality or cause and effect.
Then I was on some sort of conveyor belt at the airport presumably for luggage.  I went though what seemed like an endless series of box shaped rooms.  Each room I entered, the far wall would open up to expose another room.  I became anxious that the air would run out of the what seemed like endless series of rooms.  But the air did not run out.  I exited the conveyor belt, and eventually I must have woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment