Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Collision

I am pale because I have migrated far from the source,

entranced by the awkward forgetful beat of my ancestors.

There is a rhythm, a memory, waiting to get out under the cracked sheltered skin.


I was in a car,

but I made the wrong turn

and was heading against traffic on a one way road

In the distance, two cars approach

I try to move my car and turn around,

or to get off the road

anything to avoid the collision

But I was stuck on the ice,

and no matter how I tried,

my car spun its tires and would not move

The approaching cars saw me and slowed down

to avoid the collision

But as I turned around, to my horror

I saw another car behind me

presumably following my lead

approaching and then passing me at a high rate of speed

The passing blue car slammed head on to the approaching car

and there was an absolute stillness

I was in shock

I could not look

The blue car had followed me and I was responsible

When I awoke, I racked my brain trying to think of who had a blue car

who had I led astray

But I only know one person with a blue car

and I guess I should get to know him better

or at least provide him better guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment