Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Mountain

I set off to climb the mountain that I could never climb
somehow that wasn't the point
it would take too long
the top was too high and covered with ice
and like the Wehrmacht, I brought no winter clothing

With me was a guide
and I think there was a dog
we started off in the cover of darkness
without any food
like thieves in the night

In the early going there was a problem
I'm not sure what it was
but at this rate we would never get there
and likely we would be discovered

I didn't want to get too close to the edge
the fall would surely kill me
but maybe I could learn how to fly on the way down?
why did I start this journey
in the first place?

I imagined a meadow
covered with flowers
I wanted to lay down
and feel the wind suck in and out
and see the pin point of light
in the total darkness






















No comments:

Post a Comment