Monday, December 25, 2017

Apartment C

Throw me in the shadows of your love

where I can barely breathe

let it in and

cease to become reassuring


there is something else I could not forget

not death

running and screaming

won't you just see me

through all this nonsense?


This has happened before

like the nausea of an incomplete sentence

I want life to make itself

scarce

focus on it

and you will find out how it ends


Who gave you this gift?

beyond the brain blood flow

a sip of nectar

the fasting daydream from life itself

i want the

positive pieces forward

throw the toys out

and cry about it



Joining the ritual

stimulate the beaten path

a rigid librarian

and eccentric  poet

master the disappointment

from a creativity standpoint

I can wear a different outfit if you want

its the playful thing to do


Isn't that the question

does it happen?

Or do you get to finish the sentence

running on and on and on

until the little god looks your way

and freaks you out.

No comments:

Post a Comment