Monday, August 7, 2017

Ignorance, Rain and Raincoats


Rain

When our eyes first met
wearing your black raincoat
you backed in
and it was raining for us
next to the fire

Out in the cold
looking up at the sky
rain dripping from my cheeks
and I was crossing the street for months
waiting for return

I'm coming back home to you
but you never left
and your eyes
long since dried
and its raining for us now
next to the fire

And you hope for my sake I've changed
And I hope for yours I'm the same
and the words unspoken
feel warm 
and its raining for us now
next to the fire.


Ignorance

I don't want to believe
You got that part right
and when you were wrong about me
there was no reprieve
because that's just how you make me feel

I would take it all in
if you gave me the chance
But the whisperings
getting louder
and it wasn't how you made me feel
that keeps me hanging on

Even if you told me so
There was no way to know
Even if I opened my arms
I would hit bottom
because that's just how you make me feel
Wondering why I left.

It was too much baby
and I am dry
to cry the tears over you
not knowing why
because that's just how you make me feel







No comments:

Post a Comment