Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Buckhart Tavern Should Have Imperial Stout on Tap

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," said the Cat. 

Ok, you're on, replied Susie. 

The Cat jumped back up on Susie's lap and began to pontificate:  "I exist mostly in my head. But I work hard not to let it show. Because the truth is, it's not how you feel that matters. It's how you act. It's your behavior. As long as you can make evaluations of what is appropriate, and act on them appropriately, you can force the day to day existence without anyone knowing."

Yea, whatever.  That all you got?  I thought you'd come up with something unique being a cat and all. Me, on the other hand, am a devout devotee of Irony.  

"Hmmm, not sure that's special either," replied the Cat, licking the bottom of Susie's chin. "Not to be ironic, but I thought we lived in the age of irony--isn't that the spirit of our times?"

No silly.  I'm talking about Irony with a capital "I".  Irony is the made up definition of irony that means a faith in the essential nature of the element Iron.  I'm talking about the Iron created in solar furnaces and extruded to Gaia.  Once it is seeded into Gaia, it eventually transforms into the very blood of life.  Cut us, and we bleed iron. What do you think red blood cells are made of?  And humans live in the endless cycle of Irony.  Human history is replete with  people ripping Iron and its derivatives from the ground and then fashioning them into sharp, blunt, or otherwise destructive objects in order to do violence against other humans. Once the violence is perpetrated--the victims--hence the iron, returns back to the earth from which it came.  The phrase "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" should really be just "Iron to Irony."  But it doesn't stop there.   The whole universe is Ironic.   Stars created, collapsing, seeding iron to peripheral planets only to subsume the planets again in an endless cycle.  You cannot escape Irony.

"Sounds deep, but I think I know how to get rid of all your irony."

You cannot avoid Irony.  Anything flesh and blood is necessarily Ironic.

"You just haven't washed in all the right places yet.  Do you see that door?  Look right below the text of this paragraph.  That's the door I'm talking about. Did I ever tell you that blue was my favorite color?  This is a very special door.  You can open it if you want.  Of course, you don't have to.  I'm not going to make you do anything.  But here it is.  Your call."


Susie opened the door and found herself staring out onto the most beautiful beach she had ever seen:

"Take you clothes off and jump in if you want to get rid of all your irony," said the Cat
.  
 Susie complied without hesitation. In no time she was splashing around nude underneath the crystal blue water.

 I can see why blue is your favorite color. I feel so much better now, said Susie.  But it looks like my body has disappeared. Where did it go?  Where did you go?  Where did I go?

"We are still here," said the disembodied voice of the Cat.  "More real than before in fact.   I'm not really sure what this place is.  Some weird sort of limbo.  I come hear often in my lucid dreams to think.  Remember the Biblical story where in the beginning was the "Word" and later on the "Word became Flesh?  We'll I think this place works in the opposite direction.   The Flesh becoming Word.   We give up the body to become the Word, the story of the Cosmos.   The part of us that is not Ironic."..lol

Minutes pass in silence.  (as an aside, if you are getting bored of this and are looking for something completely different, you may want to click here especially if you like the rock musical "Hair." If not, just skip to the next line).

So what do we do now Mr. Cat?

"I have no idea.  Maybe we should just shut the door again and go back?"

No, I kind of like it here. I'm getting used to it.  Why don't we imagine the story where you become human and we snuggle together?

"I think in this place, that requires less effort than you might imagine."

Bio:  still not shaking off the cold despite being under the weather for what seems like a month.  New places to explore in and around Lake Springfield.  Finally found a place to hole up that doesn't involve mosquitoes.  Ready to vomit up my insides and begin anew.  All chakras rotating with new energy.  Surprising folk singers and zen buddies for dinner:-)











No comments:

Post a Comment