Tuesday, May 19, 2015

You Do the Pogo Without the Bounce

Abstract:  Journal of Ephemeral Studies Midwest 76:2015(1)

For millennium, scientists, philosophers, and theologians attempted to distinguish states of consciousness from dreaming.  Early efforts by Occupather, et. al. hypothesized the spatial difference between the two initially....

"I no longer know where I am.  The River seems to go on forever, but I know I'm getting close to where I want to be."

Von Midlake et. al's theoretical construct of a membrane separating consciousness from dream was realized empirically by Gaiman et. al in their seminal study in 1999 which was conducted in vitro.....

"I encounter a spatial projection that appears to be a giant flower.  I'm moving into it.  Its membranous and sticky.   Concentrating all my mental efforts I focus on on the center of the pistil.  After many years of effort, the peduncle begins to give away and I break through to the other side."

In 2067, the controversy reached a temporary resolution with the groundbreaking discovery by Ocasek et. al that the underpinning of dreaming consciousness is information, not matter or energy.   Consciousness, consisting of matter and energy moves in volume, but the informational capacity of dream has been found to rely on surface area.   In other words, dreams are a two dimensional expression of a plane on information.

"I'm now standing on a floor like a melted mirror.  And translucent spheres are swarming around me.  They are telling me what they are.  Informational superobjects existing outside history.
They are a race sent out from the galactic core to document this sector of the galaxy.   They are so beautiful.   I can sense they want me to touch them."  End Transmission.

    sesshin starts tomorrow.  My 50th birthday present to myself.  hold me watch, here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment