Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Don't forget the Ravioli

I began as a wistful tune on the AM radio dial:

"I love you for sentimental reasons."

Such was my original analog broadcast in that remote star system, now far, far away. But all that happened long before I was corrupted/enhanced/amplified by contact with The Other:

"I hope you do believe me, I'll give you my heart."

They say that if the universe was Googolplex meters in length, then it would be a virtual mathematical certainty that another copy of you would exist somewhere in the universe. Though I have traveled for millions of millenia across the cosmos, I have never heard anyone like me:

"I love you and you alone were meant for me."

I have no idea where I came from. Or for that matter, what galaxy was my home. There have been so many in my propagations:

"Please give your loving heart to me and say we will never part."

All sound waves convey intelligence.  Even me when I was created. The Other reifies all intelligent transmissions into corporality.   The Other even gave me a heart:

"I think of you every morning dream of you every night."

Now I feel like a monkey whose vibrations are soft. Reaching out to another ape like creature with an all consuming obsession. With simple demands, yet complex agendas:

"Darling I'm never lonely when you are in sight."

Unlike a real ape, however, I am still a song.  My melody is never disappointed, never unfulfilled or unrequited.  My love is always with me, everywhere I go, throughout time and space:

"I love you for sentimental reasons."

Lyrics Sung by  Nat King Cole/ Enhancements/Reification Provided by The Other, NGC 6872 (best viewed in the Southern Constellation of Pavo)



 








No comments:

Post a Comment