Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Tattoo You, Ch. 9

Tune in, turn on, drop out.

Its probably easier to do now than it was in 1967.

Back then, it was all about living a more intense genuine experience.  Uncorrupted by the hypocrisy of governments, business, church and family.  The Vietnam war didn't help, to be sure.  But you had a choice.  You could play the game, get ahead, live a life in comfort.   But it was all so vacuous.  Would you really want to grow up like your parents?  To work in some dead end job in some cubicle for the man?   It would sap whatever humanity you had in you.   Go back to the country joe, lean how to fish.  Live a genuine life off the land.  Do something that meant something.

What choice is there now?  We bought into the american dream.   We want to live a comfortable life like our parents  But how?   Why rack up fifty or one hundred thousand dollars in debt for a college degree when there are no jobs.   There is no light at the end of the tunnel.    Its so unfair.  American greed, wall street style has robbed us of our rightful inheritance.  The deck is stacked against us.  I'm not going to play the game anymore.  

I want to live in a community of people who cherish life.  Who aren't obsessed with material possession and iphones.  Who share what they have.   I don't care if I haven't earned it.  That's why I'm going to the Rainbow gathering.  I'm going to quit my dead end job and go to Tennessee.  I want live with friends.   I don't want a dead end life.

"We move with the flow.  Nothing to our names.  Nothing but the clothes on our backs.  We gave it up for this moment right here."

"We live amongst each other in a forest.  Peace and harmony, my brothers and sisters.   Welcome home."




  (illiopolis beat clinton 14-7 in softball.  That's about the only sports team I follow these days:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment