Sunday, September 18, 2011

Things that don't go together (4)

Given the chance, people believe mostly in people

all this stuff you read in books

about God, souls and other ideas

don't cause anyone to get that aroused

unless they hear it from the source.

But I could be wrong--having never made love to a God

or have I?

Hitler was supposedly lousy

in bed

and only had one testicle.

But I read that so i don't know if that counts.

I can't imagine anyone getting that enthused

about reading Mein Kampf.

I was supposed to read it once in a class long ago

but I had a headache and couldn't finish.

Those mass rallies must have been something

causing the stolid Martin Heidegger to lose his rationality

and play follow the madman

and they certainly triumphed the will of Leni Riefenstahl

who never needed any help in getting people turned on.

Just give me that old fashioned religion

the kind before the printing press

where they burned people at the stake

for heresy or lack of humor.

(from the penny lane garcia tribute thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment