Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Mediums, Lows and Highs

 I'm not sure about the whole spiritualism enterprise.  I mean its really cool when you listen to a medium in this big fucking mansion that springs up out of the farmland like a medieval castle outside Towanda (I kept looking for a moat), but not so sure the medium is connecting with what she thinks she's connecting with.  So I'm looking at it this way:

First, this particular medium is working within a basic Christian belief.  Something like, when you die your spirit goes up and hangs out with God and all is just peachy.  Like a big family reunited.  And that's all cool and within that container or belief system, I think some of the participants were able to connect with what they believed were lost ones given them helpful advice, or encouragement from the departed.

But in my experience, its not like we have one soul to begin with.  We have a conglomerate of voices.  Like a freaking portal for different things to emerge, be summoned, or appear at different times or in response to different things.   When we die, its becomes even more weird and expansive.  And this is where I superimpose mother Aya to the whole endeavor.  But I digress.

I think the universe is always pushing us in different directions.  Mostly to grow and evolve.  But those are also limited human concepts.  When we interact with someone else, or some other situation, or some tree, or whatever for that matter, something comes through our portal in response to whatever we are interacting with.  And its how people find people to begin with I think.  When someone comes into our life, or we hear someone's voice on the radio or we read some passage in a book all this is occurring because we are all networked together baby and the universe is trying to show us something, give us some little nudge.  And this is where I'm channeling schitzo Mike, in case you can't tell.  lol

Try this as an experiment, next time you are interacting with someone, just watch and see what arises, what voices come up inside you in response to what they are doing or saying.  The voice that arises is you is a different voice with different people.   It would be difficult to keep track of all the different voices that come up in you if you have been a busy bee during the week.   And if you have had some sort of trauma in the past, my sense is that the voice which arises in you and the other person is a recreation of some earlier trauma.  But I am digressing. 

So lets give the medium the benefit of the doubt.  She is intuitive.  Which means she is sensitive to the different voices that arise within her in different situations.  And she pays attention to those voices and is able to articulate them to others.  Because at some level, that is what the others need to hear.  So the voices within her, which may be parts or manifestations of the parts of the deceased (because we are all part of the same cosmic goo) arise, and she is able to articulate them to the participants.  And I suppose in some mysterious way, there may be some connection between the voices arising between she and the participant that bear some relation to the energy of the departed.  But that is all I got.

Of course, the voice that told her at the beginning of the ceremony that men are generally disbelievers and will think she is on a fishing expedition had the effect of summoning a voice in me to be wary.  Not surprising that she created in me (and us in the interaction) a fishing expedition in that she did not create or summon any voice inside me resonate with what she was saying.  Or something like that.  She cast a spell of nonbelief at the beginning of the ceremony, and I did not have any voice that thought of any counterspell....lol



No comments:

Post a Comment