Sunday, November 5, 2017

The Ebb and the The Flow, But Mostly the Ebb

The ebb and the flow, but mostly the ebb
I was upstairs in a house I had forgotten long ago
with a woman
who I learned was my sister
doing what was in retrospect unthinkable
but it was intended to bring her peace
see I am like that, even in dreams
a real man of the cloth
never losing my manners

Then I was drinking coffee
in a strange place
with a flippant woman with a small crevice
between her teeth
who smiled the snarl of disdain
"you are out of control,"
she said smirking
like she knew I would resist
"when is the last time you really took care of yourself"
like a I really had a choice
then she ignored me

So to prove a point
I stepped out of the apartment building
that I had never been in
And there was a woman, or was it a man approaching me
nebulously friendly and threatening
she/he was carrying a bottle
she/he was overly animated
she/he just didn't fit into the picture

And then the action sped up
and this is the scary part
Not sure what she/he did
but I was back in the apartment building
I had unlocked the door
not a good move
then I opened the door
and even worse move

and she/he followed me in
there was nothing I could do about it
And then she/he was grabbing me in the midsection
and I knew I was in trouble
or was I
I still don't remember what happened
I must have survived
don't you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment