Sunday, May 25, 2014

Second Paragraph, First Sentence

The woman who caught his attention walks on.  In three years, she filled this part almost to capacity.

He noticed a crack in the concrete encasement which contained the catalyst.  Once it began to leak, he feared repercussions.  For his mind contained many working parts.   None by itself was intelligent.   Combined together; you have something that can almost think.   Even ooze is capable of basic arithmetic. 

Abruptly, she soars into light rain, and we tilt and turn.

The walking wounded have to take care of themselves.  Anna has given her weapon back to Katniss.   The games continue.   She now is in medical mode, doing a sort of instant triage on the man with the leaking brain. 

Meantime figures are gathering just inside the doors and arrows begin to flicker and ping. 

His days passed in a dream, as if time itself flowed differently for him now.

She gave him wine that smelled and tasted of baby fat:  "Dude, you seriously need to focus."

I can't, I told her.   I no longer have the equipment.   Take a closer look.

A white stump of bone stuck out of a bloody mass of flesh.  The hand that had been drinking the baby fat wine was severed at the wrist.   And two tiny fingers had been almost stripped of flesh, ligament and muscle.

My wrist, I yelled.   It has been bitten through---by teeth!

She left him and went out on the porch, shading her eyes from the hot morning sun.  According to the usual theory, the ground under our grove of trees here is stable.  Yes, the roots have pushed through in certain areas, but you will find temporary solace here. 

So he found a valley high in the mountains, away from all the trails with a hard to find entrance.   There I built a hut and established a garden.   The first year was difficult.   So was the second.   But I persisted.   Ninety eight percent of life is just showing up, I kept telling myself.   At times I was lonely, but not often.   In the third year, I built a cabin and started entertaining visitors.  The cycle continued.  

Happy Memorial Day:-).....



No comments:

Post a Comment