Wednesday, December 4, 2013

You Must Tell Me About the Creature from the Planet Venus

"Colonel, I hate to intrude on your private precious thoughts, but you must tell me where the creature is."

I'm sorry I can't tell you, its classified information.

"I know you have just been trying to help, and all I've been doing is snarling at you.   But I promise, after this is over, I will make it up to you, maybe a candlelight dinner and a bottle of wine?"

That sounds delightful, but you must tell your men to stop shooting at the creature.  In the name of science, the creature must be preserved.

"I've spotted the creature, its right by those sulfur pits."

Good, I'll maneuver the helicopter over it, and drop the net.

"Colonel, that net will never hold.   That creature has superhuman strength!"

Now you tell me.   And the creature just killed four of my men.  Good men with families.   How are you going to live with yourself?

"Don't worry about me Colonel.  I was a Mussolini supporter who collaborated with the Nazi's in 1942.   My conscious is 20 Million miles from Earth."

Well I'm not sure how to break this to you, but after this is over, I'm going to take you up on your offer to buy me dinner and wine.   But right now, I need some new ideas on how to stop the creature and I'm fresh out.

"Colonel, I remember I once heard a lecture from Sister Agnes about Venus.   How the surface temperatures on Venus could melt lead."

Yes, that's true.

"Well that got me thinking. If the creature is used to super hot temperatures on Venus, why don't we try stop it by throwing ice at it."

By George, I think you are on to something.    But where do we get the ice?

"My cousin Luigi has an ice machine in his refrigerator.   He lives on the next block over.    I'll go grab a bucket."

Nice thinking, I should have never underestimated you dear.

"Don't mention it.  And I'm still offering you that dinner when we are done."

I wouldn't miss it for the world.







No comments:

Post a Comment